The Distek Model 3100 series bathless disintegration system is unique in that the modularity of the system allows users to run separate methods on each individual beaker position. A method on the Model 3100 series disintegration system consists of a temperature setting for the disintegration media (ex. 37°C) and a time component to reciprocate the disintegration basket in and out of the disintegration media (ex. 30 minutes).
If you have a 2-position 3102, you can run up to two separate methods at the same time on the two beaker positions; if you have a 4-position 3104, you could run up to 4 separate methods at once; and if you have a 6-position 3106, you can run up to 6 different methods.
Using the 3102 as an example, one method on the first beaker position could consist of a temperature setting of 37°C, and a time setting of 10 minutes; while the second method on the second beaker position could have a temperature setting of 32°C, and a time of 30 minutes.
Here’s how to program the individual basket positions with different methods:
- Scroll to the desired beaker position using the UP or DOWN ARROW keys.
- To set beaker temperature press the PRGM button. The temperature set point will flash.
- Raise or lower the set temperature using the UP or DOWN ARROW keys.
- Press the TIME button.
- Raise or lower the test time using the UP or DOWN ARROW keys.
- Press ENTER to accept the values.
- Repeat procedure to programming the other beaker positions.
In order to begin your different methods and start the pre-heating stage, you can then:
- Scroll to the desired beaker position using the UP or DOWN ARROW keys, and activate by pressing the ENABLE/DISABLE button. Observe the ENABLE LED illuminate next to the station number on the display.
- Repeat for all beaker positions to be run.
- To begin preheating an individual beaker, select the station number using the UP or DOWN ARROW keys, and press START.
- To begin preheating all enabled beakers at the same time, press START ALL.