Setting your Distek Dissolution tester apparatus 1 and 2 to the proper USP defined height using Distek’s height adjustment block increases efficiency. It allows for a rapid change between apparatus 1 and 2 without having to remove the shaft and reset the proper height. The height block is located on the side of your Evolution 6100, 6300 and Model 2100C labeled paddles or baskets (red arrow).
To set the proper height follow these steps:
1) Raise the drive head of the unit to the highest position.
2) Loosen the shaft collar (blue arrow) with an allen wrench and raise the shaft half way.
3) Turn the height adjustment block (red arrow) to the horizontal or neutral position. At that point, you will not be able to read the text (paddles or baskets) from the front of the unit.
4) Lower the drive head until it sits firmly on the horizontal height adjustment block.
5) With paddle blades installed on all the shafts, lower the drive head until the paddle blades touch the bottom of the vessels.
6) Tighten the shaft collars with an allen wrench.
7) Raise the drive head.
8) Turn the height adjustment block to paddles and lower the drive head until it sits on the height adjustment block.
9) The height is now set to the appropriate height per USP, 25mm +/- 1mm.
10) The height can verified using the Distek height-chek tool.
To use baskets:
1) Raise the drive head of the unit.
2) Replace the paddles with basket adapters when using detachable shafts and stirring elements.
3) Turn the height adjustment block (red arrow) to baskets.
4) Lower the drive head until it sits on the height adjustment block.